Do you ever get stuck with a Brother printer offline issue when you need to print an important document? This situation gets more annoying when you don’t find anybody to help you. Don’t worry, we won’t let you juggle long in this situation as the most appropriate guide on Brother printer offline fix is here.
So don’t panic at the times when your Brother’s printer won’t work or showing an offline error because this post contains all possible reasons behind the problem and the relevant fixes to resolve the error.
If you’re looking for a Brother printer offline fix, gauge through the comprehensive guide on Brother printer offline issue.
Why is Brother Printer Showing Offline Status?
Is your Brother printer showing offline status? Do you know the reason behind it? Do you want to get it fixed? Stress not. We will answer all your queries in this post.
Brother printer keeps going offline due to multiple reasons. We are sharing a few common causes below.
- Paper jam error
- Ink toner blockage
- Interrupted network between computer and printer
- Windows update
- Corrupted or outdated printer driver
- Prints stuck in the queue
- Wrong printer setting
- ‘Use offline mode’ is selected
- Low ink cartridge
- Paper tray is empty
- Printer is on Sleep mode
- Or, there might be any hardware problem.
These might be the cases that can cause the brother printer offline issue and you need to get it fixed if you want to run your printer without hassles. For Brother printer offline fix, start following the below-mentioned solutions.
How to Troubleshoot Brother Printer Offline Problem?
To turn your Brother printer online from offline, you don’t need any professional help. The following step-by-step guide will prove helpful to solve the Brother printer online fix. All the solutions given below are effective and easy.
Solution 1. Restart Wireless Device
Sometimes the wireless connection becomes inactive due to the improper functioning of the device. The problem may get resolved with a simple restart.
- Shutdown your device: computer, tablet, or laptop, switch off your wireless network, and turn off your Brother printer. In short, turn off every device.
- Leave the devices to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now restart your devices, computer or tablet and router, and finally printer. Follow the chronology.
If your Brother printer was offline because your router was busy, it should get resolved now. So this is the one simple Brother printer offline fix, keep reading for more solutions.
Solution 2. Verify Wireless Network Name
Make sure the wireless connection you’re using has the same name to which you’re connecting your printer. To confirm, here is a simple guide.
- You can find the network SSID name and password located at the backside of the router.
- Now go to the control panel of your Brother printer to locate the same name and password. You can find the details under the network section of the printer menu.
Users usually try connecting their printer with the wrong wireless network that leads to printing problems. If the printer is showing offline status and you’re struggling for a Brother printer offline fix, try this method. The problem must get resolved on the first try, otherwise moving to the next solution is the right choice.
Solution 3. Use the Network Connection Repair Tool
Brother printer has a Network Connection Repair Tool, which users can use to restore the printing and scanning capabilities of the printer. This tool automatically detects the problem and updates the network address of your printer and helps you with the Brother printer offline fix.
- Download the Brother Printer Network Connection Repair Tool.
- Install the downloaded file and run. Choose the ‘Check and Confirmed’ option and click on the OK button.
- Click the OK button to start the diagnosis of the network.
- If you have more than one Brother printer connected to your computer, choose the one you need to use. Select your printer and click on the OK button.
- Next, you will ask if your Brother printer is used by others also. Choose the right answer and click OK.
- This will proceed with the diagnose process; wait for the process to complete. You will see a message displaying the IP address of your printing device. Check if it is correct or not, click OK if it is correct.
- Now, wait for the tool to repair the connection, if the repair fails, click on the Retry button. If it is successful, click on the ‘Complete’ button. To check the functioning of your printer, click on ‘Print Test Page.
When it comes to Brother printer offline fix, this method would work best. If it doesn’t, move to another solution because there could be multiple reasons behind the Brother printer offline issue.
There are various minor mistakes that we all make while using the electronic device and that lead to interrupted services. We are going to discuss a few minor solutions that can also hamper your printing and show offline status on Brother printers.
Solution 4. Set Your Printer Settings as Default
Brother printer has an offline mode option. When your Brother printer is showing offline status, there might be a chance that your printer has set on the ‘Use offline mode’ option. Change your settings to default if you want to print documents.
- Navigate to ‘Control panel’
- Select ‘Hardware and Sound’
- Click ‘Devices and Printers’
- Find your printer model and right-click on it,
- Select set as Default printer.
This is one simple Brother printer offline fix. You can check this if no other solution is working to resolve the issue. Move to the other solution if your printer setting is already set to a Default.
Solution 5. Delete all Printing Jobs
Sometimes, it is possible that multiple printing commands stuck the printing job. Deleting all printing commands may help you get your printer back online. Here is how to do it.
- Go to the entry of your Printer,
- Right-click on it,
- Select ‘See’s what printing’,
- Choose the printer option,
- Select ‘Cancel all documents’.
This is a minor mistake that can cause Brother printer offline issues and hamper your work by delaying printing.
Solution 6. Check Your Printer Status
It is necessary to get everything on the default mode if you want your Brother printer to work seamlessly. Follow the below steps to get the printer to working mode.
- Go to the ‘Device and printer’ section and find your printer.
- Right-click on your Brother printer model.
- Choose the ‘See what’s printing option.
- Select your printer from the list and de-select the box next to ‘Use Printer Offline. If you can’t find it or it is greyed, select Open-as-administrator.’
- Enter Admin password correctly and click on the ‘Yes’ option.
These are the major problems and solutions for Brother printer offline fix. Not only this, Brother printer can confront any technical issue where you need professional assistance. Pre PC Solution is the 24*7 solution providing instant support to any type of technical or non-technical issues. You can dial our toll-free number to discuss your problems with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my Brother printer show offline status?
There are multiple reasons behind the problem. Maybe a paper jamming issue, low cartridge or paper, corrupted or outdated printer driver, or the printer is on sleep mode.
What is the best solution to fix Brother printer offline issues?
However, it is a minor issue and can be solved by performing simple solutions. But the best method will entirely depend on the reason behind the cause.